Lingonberries in sugar syrup for the winter without cooking does not require much effort and a lot of time, like other types of winter preparations. The berry prepared in this way retains its useful substances, vitamins and acids. It can be used for baking pastries, fruit drinks and compotes in winter. Lingonberry syrup helps fight colds and flu. Eating it in the winter will help strengthen the immune system. A blank can be created in several ways.
Features of cooking lingonberries in syrup for the winter
A blank made of lingonberry and sugar syrup will be tasty, will not lose vitamins and will be stored for a long time if you follow all the rules of preparation.
Features of harvesting useful sweets:
- thorough preparation and washing of all containers - the slightest ingress of bacteria will ruin the winter preparation;
- it is imperative to sort out the berries and remove all rotten and spoiled;
- lingonberry is a delicate berry, you need to wash the fruits carefully, without damaging;
- it is necessary to dry the fruits on a dry clean towel, otherwise the berries will sour;
- sugar can be added much more than indicated in the recipe, this will not spoil the workpiece, moreover, it will increase the shelf life.
How to choose the right raw material?
Lingonberries for harvesting must be collected when they are fully ripe and become bright red.
It is important to harvest during this period, since at this time the fruits contain the highest level of benzoic acid, which affects the long-term preservation of the berries.
Berries that are too soft in texture should not be selected for the recipe for lingonberries in syrup. The fruit should be red but firm and firm.
For cooking, you will need glass jars, the volume is chosen at your discretion. You also need to prepare a saucepan and a clean towel for drying berries or a sieve. Iron caps for twisting must not be deformed and free from rusty spots.
All dishes must be thoroughly washed in almost hot water and rinsed several times. Sterilize the jars over steam for about 15 minutes, and boil the lids for 5 minutes.
How to cook lingonberries in syrup?
Harvesting is very easy despite the variety of recipes and harvesting methods. The main thing is to strictly follow the dosage and cooking rules.
To prepare in the classic way with sugar, you will need:
- 1 kilogram of lingonberry;
- 2 liters of clean drinking water:
- 300 grams of sugar;
- 20 grams of lemon zest.
How to cook:
- Grate the lemon zest on a fine grater.
- Put the washed fruits on a towel, wait until they dry.
- Then pour the berries into the jar.
- Add sugar and zest to boiling water, cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-7 minutes. Cool the prepared syrup and strain.
- Pour the syrup into the jar to the berries.
- Close with a lid, put away for storage.
A simple recipe
- 2 kilograms of lingonberries;
- 250 grams of sugar.
Step-by-step cooking recipe:
- Divide washed and dried berries in half.
- Put one part in a saucepan and cover with sugar on top, leave until the juice is released.
- Then simmer on the stove until the sugar syrup boils.
- Add the other half of the berries to the boiling mixture, stir and immediately remove from the stove.
- Pour the finished product into jars, roll up the lids and send for storage.
Option in spicy syrup
To prepare the version in spicy syrup, you need to take:
- 1 kilogram of lingonberry fruits:
- 500 milliliters of drinking water;
- 1 kilogram of sugar;
- 250 grams of apples and pears;
- 5 pieces of spice cloves;
- zest from one lemon and one orange.
Step by step cooking:
- Wash and dry the berries.
- Grate the zest on a fine grater.
- Cored apples and pears with seeds. Then cut into thin layers.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add sugar little by little and stir until the syrup thickens.
- Add chopped fruit and grated zest to the syrup. Cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the berries into another saucepan and pour over the hot syrup. Place on the stove, add cloves and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared jars, roll up. Send cooled cans for storage.
Rules for storing lingonberries in syrup
Lingonberries prepared in this way are stored in the same way as other preparations: in a cool and dark place. The storage room should be cool and hidden from the sun. A cellar, a cool unheated pantry or closet, a refrigerator, a balcony are well suited.
If the jars are stored on the balcony, you need to cover them with something or put them in cabinets with doors. The temperature of the room where the workpiece will be stored should not exceed 16 degrees.
It is important to sterilize the cans before pouring the finished product into the jars. This will increase their shelf life (from 3 months to a whole year). The less sugar added during cooking, the lower the shelf life, so sugar can be spared.