The fresh harvest has already been harvested, but have the usual salting recipes been boring? The problem of choosing an original blank is that a lot of different options have been collected over a long time. Some of them do not live up to expectations of a delicious meal. In the presented material, you will find the answer to the question: how to pickle cucumbers for the winter using aspirin? Based on this, you can decide on a recipe for future workpieces.
Why add aspirin. Advantages and disadvantages
Aspirin is put in pickles for better preservation. For example, it is actively used for pickling cabbage.
The advantages of this method:
- the shelf life is increased due to the disinfecting properties of acetylsalicylic acid, the banks do not become cloudy and do not ferment;
- cucumbers are crispy, firm, with a special taste and smell;
- vegetables taste better with longer shelf life.
Conservation with aspirin also has disadvantages. The main argument against its use is the attribution to drugs, which many consider unacceptable in the preparation of edible dishes. This is due to an active substance that thinns the blood and lowers body temperature. Whether this recipe is suitable or not is decided individually.
We observe proportions
Cooking cucumbers using acetylsalicylic acid is carried out by various methods: salting, pickling, with or without sterilization, hot or cold. All of them require the implementation of general rules, thanks to which the cucumbers are juicy and delicate:
- Freshly harvested fruits should be held in cold water before harvesting. This will give them a special crunch.
- Aspirin tablets must first be crushed into powder.
- With hot salting, the container should be quickly sealed, turned over, and placed in a warm place.
Now let's figure out how many ingredients are needed for preservation in a three-liter jar.
- gherkins - 2.5-2.8 kilograms;
- currant, cherry leaves - 5 pieces each;
- aspirin - 2 tablets;
- water - 3 liters;
- horseradish leaves - 3 pieces or root - 1 piece;
- peppercorns - 5 pieces;
- granulated sugar, salt - 5–7 tablespoons each;
- dill umbrellas, stems - 2 pieces;
- garlic cloves - 2 pieces.
If desired, you can add other elements: tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, various seasonings, spices, herbs.
Of the whole variety of cooking options, the simplest ones were chosen that every housewife can cook. But simplification will not lead to a deterioration in taste, on the contrary, the cucumbers will turn out to be spicy, aromatic and very tasty.
Pickled cucumbers with citric acid for the winter
This is a kind of alternative to vinegar-based blanks. To the main ingredients you need to add 2 tablespoons of lemon powder, 2 leaves of laurel, change the proportions to the volume of the selected dishes. Recipe:
- cover the bottom of the container with green tea, add allspice peas, bay leaves, garlic plates;
- immerse small cucumbers on top;
- pour sugar, salt, acid, aspirin powder;
- pour boiling water over the container, quickly seal;
- shake the jars gently to dissolve the loose components;
- put in a warm place upside down, cover with a blanket or bedspread.
Salted vegetables will delight you with a ringing crunch and juiciness. They can be stored all winter.
Recipe under a nylon lid
Pickled cucumbers for this recipe will be like from a keg. They will have a mild, slightly sour taste. To implement the recipe, you need nylon caps. Ingredients for one three-liter can:
- unripe cucumbers from the garden - 2.5 kilograms;
- salt - 50 grams;
- aspirin - 2 pieces;
- water - 2.5 liters;
- dill umbrellas - 3 pieces;
- laurel - 2 pieces;
- garlic cloves - 2 pieces.
Step by step recipe:
- wash, disinfect containers and lids;
- wash the cucumber fruits, peel the garlic, rinse the dill;
- soak the cucumbers to give a crunch;
- prepare the brine - pour salt into cool water, wait for dissolution;
- cover the bottom of the jar with dill, add garlic plates;
- place cucumbers tightly, add acetylsalicylic acid powder;
- pour the prepared saline solution to the brim, cover with a lid, remove to a dark place;
- after 2 days, pour out the brine, rinse the contents, put more greens and bay leaves on top, add clean water;
- seal the jars with nylon lids, previously dipped in boiling water for a couple of minutes;
- check the tightness of the closure by turning the workpiece over several times, remove it to a shaded place.
To taste, you can add more greens: oak leaves, cherries, horseradish, currants. They will give the vegetables a denser and firmer consistency.
Cucumbers in liter jars with mint
For salting, gherkins and liter containers are better suited. Step-by-step cooking:
- prepare all the ingredients;
- on the bottom of the disinfected liters, put parsley, celery sprigs, currant leaves, mint leaves, chopped garlic, grated horseradish root;
- place gherkins with dill inflorescences on top;
- add boiling water, cover, wait 10 minutes;
- remove the liquid, pour more boiling water, run twice;
- add salt and granulated sugar to the last portion of boiled water, keep on fire for about 5 minutes;
- add an aspirin tablet, prepared brine to the empty jars, roll up;
- turn the liters over, cover with a cloth.
An unusual recipe will demonstrate a new, spicy flavor of mint, fresh aroma.
Pickling cucumbers with aspirin and without vinegar is one of the easiest and fastest preservation methods. The ingredients are presented in a classic set, but you can add your own seasonings and ingredients if you like.
Step by step recipe:
- put horseradish leaves, currants, cherries, dill inflorescences, chopped garlic cloves, aspirin powder on the bottom of the dishes;
- arrange cucumbers tightly with the next layer;
- prepare a saline solution - add salt to boiling water, stir until dissolved;
- pour the resulting mixture into the contents of the cans, seal.
If you want to get the finished dish faster, then cover the containers with a blanket, leave until they cool, only then put them in a cool place.
Cucumbers marinated with aspirin and vinegar
Marinating cucumbers for the winter using aspirin and a bite is a great option for an amazing snack. The combination of the two will prevent the cans from clouding and bursting. Additional ingredients: whole head of garlic, cloves. Preparation:
- prepare the ingredients - wash the herbs, gherkins;
- put horseradish leaves, vegetables, dill umbrellas on the bottom of the jar;
- add boiling water, cover with lids;
- drain after 10 minutes into a saucepan, bring to a boil, re-add to the jars, repeat twice;
- place cloves, chopped garlic, peppercorns, granulated sugar, salt, chopped acetylsalicylic acid to the contents;
- pour vinegar into a saucepan with water from cans, bring to a boil, fill containers, roll up;
- put them upside down, wait until cool.
The taste of gherkins will surprise you with spicy notes, ringing crunch and dense texture.
If fresh cucumbers and herbs come from your own garden, then simply rinse them. Prepare containers and lids by steam disinfection. Then follow the recipe:
- Pour aspirin powder into a jar;
- lay horseradish and fruit tree leaves on the bottom;
- fill the container up to half with cucumbers;
- add salt, granulated sugar, peppercorns;
- bring cucumbers to the brim, send umbrella dill;
- boil water in a saucepan, collect it with a ladle, pour it into jars, seal them.
You can eat such cucumbers in a month and a half. During this time, they will marinate well.
For tasty vegetables with a pungent flavor, additionally use mustard powder, red ground pepper, sunflower oil. It is better to take large cucumbers. Step-by-step recipe:
- wash cucumber fruits, remove the tips, cut into 4 circles, put them in a bowl;
- chop herbs, garlic, add to vegetables;
- send all bulk components, vegetable oil to them, mix, cover, leave for 3 hours;
- transfer the resulting mixture to jars, send an aspirin tablet, cover with sterilized lids;
- put the container in a saucepan, boil;
- carefully remove the cans, roll up, put upside down and cover with a blanket.
The finished snack will have a pungent taste, which is perfect for winter feasts.
Crispy canned cucumbers
The crunchy texture of cucumbers can be obtained by pre-soaking. After that, you can proceed directly to canning:
- cover the bottom of the washed and sterilized cans with garlic plates, herbs (currant twigs, cherry leaves, horseradish, dill), peppercorns;
- place cucumbers tightly, pour boiling water, put lids;
- drain the water, add boiling water again for 15 minutes;
- transfer liquid to a saucepan, add granulated sugar and salt, boil;
- to the contents put on an aspirin tablet, the remaining greens, pour the marinade, quickly roll up;
- turn the jars, leave warm until cool.
Using aspirin will make the cucumbers very crispy and eliminate the need to add vinegar.
Cold pickled cucumbers
Such marinating will give the vegetables the taste of cask cucumbers and a dense consistency. Step by step cooking:
- prepare cucumbers and put them on the bottom of the container, cover with green leaves and bay leaves on top;
- add salt, crushed acetylsalicylic acid, add ice water;
- cover the container with nylon lids, put in the cold.
An important point - use only purified water, for example, well water.
How to store canned food properly
Canned products should be stored at room temperature, and even lower. Glass jars should not be left out in the cold. Low temperatures will lead to bombardment, deterioration of the consistency and taste of the cucumbers.
You choose the storage space yourself, taking into account the temperature conditions. The best places would be: cellar, basement, garage. In an apartment, just find a secluded, shaded place, for example, arrange a small pantry under the windowsill in the kitchen.