Time-tested crops deserve special treatment from gardeners. A striking example is the Far Eastern cucumber variety 27, which has proven itself well in many summer cottages. Well tolerates abnormal weather conditions, unpretentious to moisture. It has a juicy fruit taste that is equally good for fresh and canned consumption. Fruiting until late autumn, allows harvesting up to twice a week.
Suitable for the description of medium-yield cucumber crops. Good for canning. The variety has ideal characteristics for growing in various regions of the country:
- fruit length reaches 15 - 20 cm;
- weight - 100 - 200 grams;
- slight fluffiness;
- black spikes;
- slight waxy coating;
- green skin with long white stripes;
- pollinated variety.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of the variety include:
- Excellent survival rate in various climatic zones.
- Well tolerates instability of irrigation, drought-resistant.
- Far Eastern cucumber has a powerful root system. It easily takes root in a new place.
- Resistant to frost.
- It has good immunity to diseases such as downy mildew.
- Long-term fruiting, almost until late autumn.
- Secondary foliage formation, making harvesting easier.
- The fruits are stored for 2 - 3 days.
- Used for canning.
The disadvantages of the variety include the rapid formation of barren flowers, which quickly gain weight and turn yellow. If the cucumbers are not picked in time, there will be less fruit for pickling and canning. You can leave them until the end of the season and use them as seed. For those who love growing their favorite variety, this is a great way to improve their vegetable growing skills.
Cucumber branches are rich in nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. Healthy tops can be buried in the ground or burned. Of course, growing tops is not the main goal of vegetable growing. The second method will enrich the garden with nitrogen, heal the area, destroying some of the harmful bacteria and pest larvae.
Opinions and reviews about the method of planting are divided depending on the regions:
- Some climatic zones allow planting seeds in open ground. The air temperature should not fall below +15 degrees.
- Many people choose to plant their seeds early. Small boxes of soil can often be seen on the windowsill of agricultural lovers. The technique is simple: the seeds are planted to a depth of about 2 cm. The sprouts will appear 3-4 days after planting.
Top dressing of seedlings
For feeding seedlings, mineral and natural fertilizers are used. Complex formulations work well. For seedlings grown on a windowsill, potassium, nitrogen, phosphorus and other elements are needed.
Liquid dressing can be divided into several stages:
- After the appearance of the leaves. The plant is preparing to grow rapidly. The processes of photosynthesis are accelerated.
- A few days before planting in open ground. A culture grown on a windowsill needs to stock up on nutrients to survive its adaptation period. Usually cucumber crops take root well in a new place due to a powerful root system.
When feeding seedlings, it is important to maintain the balance of micro-, macroelements and their amount. A deficiency will weaken the culture, and an overabundance will cause the plant to grow rapidly.
After planting the seedlings, it takes about 40 - 45 days before the first fruits appear. The yield reaches 3 kilograms per square meter. m.
Care consists in periodic watering, loosening and feeding the crop. An unpretentious Far Eastern cucumber variety grows well even on low elevations. One or two waterings per week is enough. The feeding schedule is determined individually, depending on the regions.
No wonder they say that cucumbers grow at night. Having basked in the sun, having drunk water from abundant irrigation, the culture is actively developing overnight. It continues to bear fruit until the temperature drops below +15 degrees at night.
But this is not the limit. A short-term drop in temperature stops the growth of the plant, but when good weather returns, we are surprised to see an unexpected increase in yield.